Preparing your house for sale goes beyond making sure that the house is clean and ready to show. You also should have your legal documents in order. This will help you have a trouble free closing. Here is a checklist below to help you gather the necessary paperwork:
- tax bill, title policy, deed, survey, power of attorney, mortgage, note satisfactions, etc.
- gather any unsatisfied liens or mortgages, credit lines, home improvements, tax liens, etc.
- certificates of occupancy, building permits on any additions, decks, pools, sheds, porches, etc. (just cause you bought the house with it does not mean its legal)
- any structural defects or problems you know of should be repaired prior to the buyer's engineer discovering them.
- prepare your home by un-cluttering, cleaning, repairing and neutralizing.
Call Realty Direct NY and we will assist you. 631-392-4540